Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hoobastank Music Review


The band Hoobastank, formed by 3 high school friends in 1994, has been attaining fame and success rather rapidly over the past 14 years. The band is made up of the vocalist/song writer, Doug Robb, Dan Estrin on guitar, and Chris Hesse on drums. The band is most famous for their song The Reason which was a chart topping hit. They have already come out with two CD's. Their self-titled album along with "The Reason."
Hoobastank has now released their newest album "For(n)ever." The first single to be released of the album is titled My Turn. The song has an alternative feel as does the rest of their album. The lyrics are inspirational and speak of getting the recognition that people deserve. It talks about the struggles people go through in order to achieve their goals saying things like "I'm sick and tired of payin' my dues, Play the game till the end then I lose, So can somebody tell me, When's it gonna be my turn." The lyrics relate to everyday people which makes the song easy to connect with.
The band is proud to say that a lot of hard work went into creating this album. They admitted it took a bit longer to create a set of tracks they were satisfied with but were happy with the end result. Overall, everyone should be happy with the end result. Their new single and the album are well made and enjoyable. I give My Turn a 5 out of 5.

No comments: