Friday, October 1, 2010

Music Review: Teenage Dream Album, Katy Perry




This is Katty Perrys second album and I was blown away by it. I give this album 4.5 out of 5 stars. From the time I hit play to the time it was over I was tapping my foot and bobbing my head. At some points I wanted to get up and dance. She has outdone herself. She is a gifted singer and lyricist. I was very impressed with her lyrics in "Pearl". She alludes to the Illiad when she refers to the face that launched a thousand ships. Her lyrics are also very catchy and by the last chorus I was singing along. The music itself is mostly made up of a decending 4 chord progression. It may be very simple but its very catchy. The rythems switch between a club beat and a rock beat. Her album includes a multitude of up tempo songs but when she switches to a ballad, it is just as good. The tracks on this album include:

1. Teenage Dream

2. Last Friday Night[T.G.I.F]

3. California Gurls feat. Snoop Dogg

4. Fireworks

5. Peacock

6. Circle The Drain

7. The One That Got Away

8. E.T.

9. Who Am I Living For?

10. Pearl

11. Hummingbird Heartbeat

12. Not Like The Movies

This album also comes with two surprise tracks at the end. This album is out and available in stores. I recomend you find a way to listen to Perry's musical genius.

No comments: