Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hebron American Legion Building's Fire Ruled Accidental

According to, a fire started at the American Legion Hall on Main Street in Hebron Wednesday morning. The fire has been ruled as accidental, according to firefighters. At about 10 am, firefighters and police answered a call about a fire at the American Legion building. The building was then evacuated and no injuries were reported. The fire started in a basement crawl space and a break in a wire caused heat tape that was bound around a pipe to melt and start the fire. The flames stayed in a section of the basement and the outside of the building had no damage, according to Hebron Fire Marshall, Randy Blais. The fire was under control within an hour. An electrician is going to come to the American Legion building and inspect the wiring, so the power can be turned back on.

-Picture provided by

No comments: