Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fire Damages Windsor Home

According to, fire damaged a home on Saturday night at 33 Greenfield Street, which has made the house unfit to live in. The fire killed the family's dog, according to fire officials. Firefighters were called to respond to a fire on the porch around 8:30 pm. When firefighters arrived at the home, they saw sparking and were forced to change their plan in attacking the flames. They had the flames under control in about an hour and no firemen were injured, said Deputy Fire Marshal Scott Yeomans. There was significant to the house's porch, kitchen, and living room. There is a lot of smoke and heat damage throughout the home, Yeomans said. Poquonock, Windsor, and Hayden Station- three of Windsor's four fire companies fought the fire. Wilson firefighters staffed their station to handle other calls.

No comments: