Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Allstar Weekend "Not Your Birthday" Music Review

Being a modern music junkie and an avid movie goer, the Allstar Weekend's "Not Your Birthday" sounds like the perfect choice for the new to release movie, "Prom". This new album is featured on Disney's "Prom", which is set to release this Friday, 4/29/11. This track has quite the modern buzz that you would expect to find in a movie that the majority of viewers would be middle school/high school girls. Although it is a catchy tune that will be stuck in my head for the remainder of the week, I would have liked to see the theme and lyrics of the song reflect something other than "partying like its not your birthday" ,which is repeated more than one could count. I just think that there are too many songs out their that promote and encourage "partying" everyday or no reason. I guess this seems to be the popular type of song. I would have liked to see something that was a bit different. Other than that, I don't think this is the next hit, but, I do think it has some potential to being a song that would be found a lot in movies and found on the iPods of many. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments: