Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kara DioGuardi leaves hit show "American Idol"


On Friday, Fox announced that after only two seasons, judge Kara DioGuardi will be leaving the show. A newcomer to the show, Kara was the fourth judge, a position that viewers did not enjoy. The studio behind American Idol wanted to return to a three person judging panel as done in the earlier seasons.

"I felt like I won the lottery when I joined 'American Idol' two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave Idol," stated DioGuardi. "I am very proud to have been associated with American Idol – it has truly been an amazing experience."

"Kara is one of the world's best songwriters. She has been passionate and committed to Idol over the last two seasons. I will miss having her on the show, but I look forward to working with her in music for many years to come," said Simon Fuller, executive producer of American Idol.

Judges Simon Cowell and Ellen Degeneres have also announced their departure from the hit program. The show has announced their intention to secure Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler for the next season.

(story courtesy of EW.com)

No comments: