Monday, September 28, 2009

Evergreen Terrace - Almost Home REVIEW




Currently ending the Hard Knock Life Tour with Emmure, Stick to your Guns, For Today and Oceano, Evergreen Terrace will embark on their headlining, Almost Home(Less) tour following the release of their new album Almost Home which drops September 29th, 2009.

The album has been in high anticipation for more two years, following Wolfbiker (Metal Blade Records), released in mid-2007. If you've never heard Evergreen Terrace, you will be pleasantly surprised. Their eclectic sound makes the band more than enjoyable. Their unique voice is like from hardcore punk of the 80's and pop punk of the 90's and 2000's combined with new-age hardcore and metalcore. The album itself features 11 songs, each of which show off every aspect of the band's roots. One thing I noticed about the album was the speed. Every song seems to be banged out with such force, there isn't a slow moment, there isn't a moment where you won't be absolutely pumped to be listening.

After the album was over, I heard the last note ring out, and then my iTunes playlist continued, the next band was Every Time I Die, I thought I was still listening to the same band. I'm amazed at the similarities between the two. If you like Every Time I Die or any hardcore/hardcore punk band definitely pick up the album.

Stay tuned on rhamnews.blogspot.com for up to date music reviews on release dates.

IMAGE SOURCE: http://www.metalblade.com/news/images/et_home_cover.jpg

No comments: