Sunday, December 6, 2009

Music Review: We Came As Romans: To Plant A Seed


We Came As Romans is a Detroit based post-hardcore band who was signed to major record label "Equal Vision Records" last April. Their latest album, "To Plant A Seed", was released November sixth and the band is currently touring the U.S to promote it. Their last release was an unnamed EP dubbed the "Motions EP" by fans, two of the songs from Motions have been rerecorded for To Plant A Seed.

First off, I have to state that To Plant A Seed's recording and mixing quality is phenomonal. There was never a moment during my playthrough of the album that I thought certain levels should have been raised or lowered. The album itself is made up of eight new songs and two reproduced ones, Dreams and Intentions. The album starts off very strong with the title track "To Plant A Seed" which is one of the heaviest and driving tracks of the entire collection. The band has stuck to their strengths, a powerful mix of brutal hardcore vocals, clean piano melodies, and electronic beats which are all perfectly balanced in the eight songs written for the album.

The new track I enjoyed the most was "We Are The Reason", which begins with a haunting bell solo and moves into what I felt was one of the albums most powerful songs. As much as I enjoyed the new material written by the group, I can say that I hands down enjoyed the remake of "Intentions" more then any other song. As a fan of We Came As Romans I would purchase the album for this song alone, a fan favorite carefully reproduced and polished to perfection.

To Plant A Seed will not dissapoint any fan of We Came As Romans and should impress anyone familiar with the post-hardcore or metalcore genres.

5/5

No comments: