Saturday, October 24, 2009

Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard Review


Around Halloween time, thrill seekers may have trouble finding a scare. I know I spent years looking for a place to release my adrenaline, and you may have too. Well look no more.. Lake Compounce's Haunted Graveyard is sure to scare every bit of that adrenaline out of you.

I went to this place not expecting much, maybe a show or two, maybe some cheesy effects, but no, I was obviously mistaken. My humble assistant (sister) decided to go to the park for her birthday, and check out the graveyard. Maybe for a scare or two. It was 30 dollars for a ride pass, and a pass for the Haunted Graveyard. This turned out a pretty good deal.

We waited in line for about an hour or hour and a half. We could tell this attraction was popular by the massive number of people lining up. After waiting, we were kind-of scared. I could hear faint screams in the distance, as people dressed in monster costumes creeped by us, and even scared my sister a little bit. As we entered, a masked ghoul greeted us and we walked into a dark chamber. Around every corner seemed to be an actor jumping out at you. It was extremely scary. After the first chamber we exited to the graveyard part of the amusement. This was also frightening, people stood behind graves and jumped out. I was amazed to see the people in front of us screaming in terror, especially because these people were a group of men in their mid-30's... I could already see "tough guys" trembling as we walked . We went through a series of other things, including a haunted house, jungle, and medieval chamber, but nothing could compare to what we went through next. It was set up to be kind-of a backwoods camp. People dressed in gas masks and pig faces walked around with chainsaws. The hillbilly's growled in your ear and followed you. Even I let out a few gasps of terror. Everything looked so real, the blood, the meat hanging from the ceilings, everything. I think it was the scariest because the creators did such a good job planning. You could tell a lot of effort went into this amusement, and that's what sets it apart from others.

Lake Compounce did great things with this. I recommend it to anyone looking for a quick scare. This will scare you. The Haunted Graveyard lasts about an hour to walk through and it is well worth the price. Enjoy your scares.

No comments: