Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mark Logan inducted into the CHSCA Hall of Fame

Mark Logan, athletic director at RHAM High School, has been inducted into the Connecticut High School Coaches Association(CHSCA) Hall of Fame.

"I look at it more as a recognition of the programs that we've had, you know cross country and track & field over the years," explained Mr. Logan who has been coaching sports teams at RHAM since 1981. "When I first started I did boys and girls outdoor track and boys and girls cross country... And then I started the indoor track program... I did that for a while. I was also an assistant coach for basketball for a short period of time." Mr. Logan mentioned that he mainly coached cross country, indoor & outdoor track programs. "The only one I still do is girl's cross country."

Mr. Logan described his appreciation for the award, "When you look at the individuals who are members of the Connecticut High School Coaches Hall of Fame, I mean it's a who's who of coaching legends in the state... And, to be in the same kind of recognition category as those guys... Really flattering and humbling... They put the plaque inside Rentschler field so when you go to watch a UConn home football game or an event there, the plaques will be there. And it's kind of nice because you know it's something that my kids and you know my family can see and my friends and relatives, it's kind of nice... I'd just like to thank the administration, the students, the atheletes, and all of the people who have been my assistant coaches over the years because again this is, this is really recognition of a collective effort." He finished with, "It's never a single person effort."

There will be an induction ceremony on November 9th, 2009 at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington starting at 7pm. There will be a dinner as well as the inductees giving short acceptances speeches. Tickets are availible at the CHSCA office at P.O. Box 632, Southington 06487, by calling 860-628-4122 or by e-mailing John Fontana at jfontana01@snet.net.

No comments: